WHAT IS CELPIP
The Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP) is a test which is conducted worldwide for demonstrating the proficiency of English language.CELPIP is managed by Paragon Testing Enterprises, a subsidiary of the University of British Columbia.
CELPIP Test has two versions:
- The CELPIP-General Test :- This test is for those candidates who want to get permanent residency of Canada.It comprises four modules i.e Listening,Reading,Writing and Speaking.
- The CELPIP General LS Test:-This Test is for those proponents who want to get citizenship of Canada.It consists of two modules i.e Listening and Speaking.
CELPIP TEST FORMAT
- This module contains 38 questions.
- Duration of test is about 50 minutes and it comprises of 6 parts.
- An audio clip is played for each part ,only once.
- Question types are mainly MCQs and fill in the blanks.
- Some questions can be video based,so it is essential for the candidates to see the video carefully while doing listening.
- This module contains 4 parts and duration is about 55 minutes .
- Passage and questions are displayed simultaneously.
- Candidates have to attempt one passage within 10 minutes.
- Some questions can also be picture based instead of text.
- Question types are mainly MCQs and fill ups just like the questions in the listening test.
- The writing test has 2 tasks and word limit should be 150-200 words.
- This task contains email writing for the give situation. Candidates have to attempt task 1 within 27 minutes .
- Test takers have to respond survey questions within 26 minutes.
- Duration of speaking test is approximately 25 minutes long.
- This module contains 8 tasks. Test takers have 30 seconds to prepare the task. The preparation time starts as soon as the topic appears on the screen. After 30 seconds you are prompted to start speaking. Speaking time for each task is 1 minute. After the time is over the next task automatically appears on the screen.
- Speaking topics are similar to IELTS speaking topics.